Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Its rainy season again !!!!!

Most of the people in Mumbai and various parts of India might have not forgotten the day, this very rain played havoc in their lives in one way or the other. I can still not forget how I spent the whole night at the railway platform of Panvel just waiting for the rains to stop, remembering the nursery rhyme “Rain rain go away little Jhonny wants to play some day, Rain rain go away”. The seasons changed form rains to winter to summer, and almost all of us were cursing the scorching heat of the summer with the added fact that we had to face power cuts too. Now finally rains came yesterday, the met officials claim that these are pre monsoon showers and the actual rains are expected in another 48 hours.

Yesterday while coming back home form my office I could see the sky filled with black clouds, now that was a sign of rains but I have been seeing then for past two three days, they came and went. But today it was determined to do something, while walking on the road I could see the lightning strike and also could hear the thunders. This was a sure sign that it’s going to rain today. I could feel few droplets of water falling on me, I could smell the fragrance coming after the first showers form the earth, it was tantalizing me. Later on it started to rain and I sat by the window of my house and enjoyed the view of the rain, also I could see many people near their window enjoying the rains. On the building opposite to mine I could see some kids coming out of their house and enjoying getting wet in the first rain. I couldn’t resist getting wet in the rain, I stood in my terrace under the rain till it stopped, I could see more people enjoying getting wet in this rain. I could even see a 60 year old man sitting over the compound wall on his banyan and pajamas and getting drenched in the rain while his wife stood under the building’s parking area seeing him getting drenched. Almost everybody I could see had a smile on their face from small kids to teenagers like me to oldies.

Maybe this is the way god has made the nature, so that people truly and fully enjoy every season as it comes and don’t take it for granted. The summers were harsh but the rains have given more enjoyment and smile on everybody’s face than grief, similarly spring season is enjoyed after winter. This really give the message that there always a “Silver Lining“. Maybe this is how god says how you should live our life, it will be hard at times but this is never permanent, the seasons will change so will life. So live life as it comes and never curse it there is light at the other end of the tunnel.

3 comments:

blogger said...

After reading this, will write on july26th in my blog . watch out.

Aparna Pai said...

Hello.. aapka optimism tapak raha hai.. lagatar dusra optimistic.. sahi hai bhidu ;-)

Mellowdrama said...

Nice post...love the rains, cept when it begins intruding into my life in nasty ways, have a post on that. Really enjoyed there cyclonic rains this year mostly coz I was at home and my home wasn't leaking. Cheers!